Carlo Gavazzi, a manufacturer of products for industrial automation, launched a new OPC Server software for interfacing the company’s Energy Meters and EOS Array products with other OPC devices.
OPC (OLE for Process Control) is a worldwide standard for industrial data communication. It enables reliable data exchange among products and applications from different manufacturers or developers.
The OPC Server is software for Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 developed to interface by means of MODBUS protocol to the company’s Energy Meters and Eos-Array products.
The software enables users to manage real-time data from electrical or photovoltaic installations using the OPC Client of choice. Up to 10 concurrent connections with 32 devices connected can be managed by single-server installation, as long as hardware and network speeds permit.
The main technical features include:
- OPC-DA specifications release 2.04 compliant
- Real-time data and alarm management
- Plug-and-play configuration of connected devices
- Multiple connections manageable by a single server
The OPC Server software connects to the following:
- Supported RS-485 meters: EM21, EM24, EM26, WM5, WM30 & WM40
- Supported Ethernet meters: WM5, WM30 & WM40
- Supported Eos-Arrays: Eos and Eos-Lite
The software is distributed as a free utility for Carlo Gavazzi distributors, integrators and customers.
Based in Buffalo Grove, Ill., Carlo Gavazzi manufactures, markets, and sells a range of products for industrial automation, energy and renewable energy, and building automation.