Access-control manufacturer Linear LLC is strengthening its software and business development teams, expanding sales in New England and fortifying its video product line management.
The company hired six employees to departments including software engineering, business development and sales. Linear also recently promoted a new vice president as part of the company's streamlining process that includes the formation of Specialty Business Units (SBUs).
Continuous growth allowed Linear to add personnel with varying skill sets to enhance operations, product design, and market development in the competitive security and access-control marketplace. Demand for IT-friendly solutions requires software engineers for design, along with product and business development managers and sales to support growth in new and existing segments. With the addition of video resources, Linear is strengthening its core for the future.
"Linear stays innovative by hiring the right people at the right time," said President Michael O'Neal. "IT and video are critical segments, and our focus remains on pursuing markets that will benefit from a complete line of security and access-control products. We are proud to be adding such highly skilled professionals who will continue feeding innovation and growth for years to come."
Below are the new team members, broken down by department.
- Cathy Zhu, senior software engineer. Zhu brings considerable experience designing IP video surveillance and conferencing products, and working with video compression and network protocols at companies including UTC Fire & Security and Fugoo Corp. She holds a Master of Science in computer engineering from University of California, Irvine, and a Bachelors of Science in wireless communication from Harbin Institute of Technology in China.
- Brian Moon, senior software engineer. Moon has extensive experience designing and delivering embedded system solutions and innovative products, both as an independent consultant and working at established companies including Sony Electronics and Texas Instruments. He holds an Master of Science in engineering sciences from University of California, San Diego, and a Bachelors of Science in mechanical engineering from University of California, Santa Barbara.
- Brian Davis, business development manager. Davis is an accomplished sales professional with more than 15 years of experience selling custom solutions in the consumer electronics and audio/video industry. His work with Sony will be an invaluable asset as Linear pursues opportunities created from the convergence between AV and security dealers.
- John Feldman, business development manager. Feldman is a proven business development manager with approximately 20 years of experience selling in the residential security channel and building products industry. He brings a strong background in new business development and experience from companies like General Electric - GE Security, where he was responsible for its National Residential Dealer Network, known as GE Home Technologies.
Sales and Product Management
- Derek Buzby, district sales manager, New England. Buzby is responsible for sales of all electronic systems products in Connecticut, Long Island, N.Y., Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont. He brings more than 12 years experience in the security and low voltage business to this position.
- Greg Stone, video product line manager. Stone’s appointment to the Integrated Systems Strategic Business Unit puts him the critical position of helping shape the development and strategy behind Linear's new video products, one of the most important segments in which the company is involved. He brings several years of video product line management with notable security companies including Tyco and GE Security.
In addition to new hires, Linear announced Terry Cain, formerly vice president, supply chain operations for Technology Solutions, has accepted the position of vice president special projects for Linear. Cain’s precision knowledge of the manufacturing, logistics and supply processes have been invaluable to the daily business functions as well as the company acquisitions Linear has experienced over the years. He will continue to remain an integral contributor to the strategic operations of Linear's infrastructure and beyond.
"Terry is highly deserving of his promotion based on significant contributions to Linear's operational efficiency and pursuit of new partners and acquisitions. He’s an incredibly valuable asset who will play an even more important role as vice president of special projects," O'Neal said.
Linear LLC provides engineered radio-frequency products and is a supplier of wireless residential security systems, access control, intercoms, garage door operators, gate operators, short- and long-range radio remote controls, and personal emergency reporting systems.